6 Benefits of massage on the respiratory system
Massage has many benefits and spring is approaching us which means the respiratory system can be weakened when the lungs are compromised. When the respiratory system is under duress the rib cage becomes tight, the lung capacity is shallow and the nervous system and muscular system struggle to relax. With massage the muscles are worked on to release the tension in the body which helps to relieve the congestion in the lungs. Massage stimulates the blood flow of the heart, it lengthens the muscles improving breathing and lung function.
- Encourages deeper breathing
- Calms the nervous system down
- Loosening the intercostal muscles allowing the rib cage to expand
- Lowers blood pressure and moves congestion
- Generates heat to raise the respiratory rate and body temperature
- Stimulates proprioceptors in the joints and increases respiration
Massaging with pure essential oils can aid the respiratory system here are 5 essential oils that have shown potential as alternative treatments for asthma symptoms.
- Peppermint reduces symptoms of an asthma attack
- Lavender reduces inflammation
- Clove reduces symptoms of wheezing, chest pain and difficulty breathing
- Eucalyptus can be effective in managing the symptoms of respiratory conditions
- Rosemary relaxes the muscles of the trachea, decreases coughing, sputum production and wheezing
Eynsmassage uses different techniques of massage to open the rib cage. If you suffer from asthma or respiratory conditions then think about regular massages during this spring season and notice the difference. We can be contacted on 518-396-6363, Call us to work out a treatment plan that can benefit you.
Link to original article below.